College Grads Take Note:


If you are a college graduate lucky enough to be starting a full-time job, please note: you can use part-year withholding to have less tax withheld and increase your net pay. When determining your withholding, the standard federal tax withholding tables assume you’ll earn a full year’s income. The part-year method determines your withholding based on what you’ll actually earn during the part of the year you’re working. You qualify to ask your employer to use this method if you expect to work fewer than 245 days in a year. Wouldn't you rather have this money now than wait for a refund next year?